If your BlackBerry gets covered in water, don’t worry. It’s not the end of the world and if you act fast and rationally, you can save your device.
1. Pull out the battery.
2. Put your device near sunlight.
3. Rotate your device so all sides get sunlight.
4. Leave it near sunlight for 24 hours. Some suggest in a bowl of uncooked rice or with silica gel packs.
5. Do NOT put your battery back until the 24 hours are up.
6. After 24 hours, put the battery back in and power on.
After following these steps, your BlackBerry should be just fine. If it doesn’t work, don’t bother trying to scam a new one from RIM. RIM has some really incredible CSI techniques to determine what exactly has happened to your BlackBerry and will know if you’re lying.
I’ve heard about RIM using some advanced testing methods to determine that a user, when asked whether he spilled anything on his device, was in fact lying and had spilled Diet Coke. The testing techniques were so sophisticated that they actually knew it was Diet in particular.
(c) Kyle for BlackBerry Cool, 2009
Courtesy : Google Image